Casinos - Home
Casino Tropez Review
Top 10 Online Casinos
Introduction to Casinos
Winning at Casinos
5 Hot Online Casinos:
Roxy Palace Casino
Spin Palace Review
Golden Riviera Review
Casino Tropez Review
Online Casinos Tips
Rules for Blackjack
Video Poker Rules
Other Online Gambling:
Play Online Bingo
Live Poker Rooms
Fortune Room Casino
Lucky Nugget Casino
Blackjack Ballroom Casino
All Slot Casino
Golden Riviera Casino
Casino Tips Navigation:
General: Money Management
- Casino Tips Home
Casino Game Tips: Roulette Blackjack Videp
Poker Craps Slots
Online Video Poker Tips:
In video poker, only 21% of the hands dealt are winning hands of Jacks
or better and 79% are downright dogs. Herein lies the difference between
the winning and losing player: what you do with those 79% of the hands
that need to be groomed into winning greyhounds. The best way to give
yourself the greatest chance of victory at video is to read, absorb,
embrace and pledge allegiance to these playing tips.
- Seek out Jacks or better machines that pay 9 coins for a full house
and six coins for a flush.
- If you decide to play a progressive video poker machine that pays
8 coins for a full house and 5 for a flush, play on a progressive
where the jackpot is over $250 on a nickel machine, $2,500 on a quarter,
and $10,000 for the dollar.
- Always bet the maximum amount of coins on a progressive machine
to get the bonus for royal flushes.
- If you are a novice player, play on the lowest denomination machine
until your level of expertise rises.
- If your casino offers it, use a casino slot card to get credit
for your play. You might as well get a return as a comp benefit for
your play on their video poker machines. Be sure to ask how many points
you will receive per dollar played, and then find out what those points
are worth in comps. This will help you shop for better value on your
- Take your time to study every hand. Because you are playing against
a machine, no one will intimidate you if your play is too slow.
- All hail the Jack! Some players don't realize the ace is not the
most important card in the deck, but the Jack is. Holding the Jack
over the ace gives you more opportunities of making more lucrative
hands than an ace would.
- There are more than a hundred different video poker machines to
choose from. Games like Joker Poker, Louisiana Jacks, Gator Poker,
etc. offer you a supermarket selection, but all have different paytables
needing distinct playing strategies. I recommend learning and limiting
your play to two, such as Deuces Wild and Jacks-or-Better.
- Acquire video poker skills using either a computer or a hand-held
video poker game. The major benefit of this type of training is the
ability to test you skills with no financial risk or ruin. You can
gather data later review, enabling you to nix trends that would be
costly on a video poker machine. This information would take you years
to accumulate under normal casino conditions. And again, the key here
is that any knowledge obtained without a casino outlay lets you net
out better down the road.
And now, some playing strategies:
- Never keep a kicker with any pair. Holding a kicker to any pair
reduces your return by 5%.
- Never draw four cards if you can draw three to a royal flush.
- Always keep five-card winning pat hands with on exception: if you
can, draw one card to a royal.
- Don't break a flush even if you can draw one to a straight flush,
- Always break a flush to draw to a royal.
- Never break a straight to draw to a straight flush.
- Never draw five if you have a jack or better, and
- Don't keep a ten for a four card draw.